You’ve decided to have breast augmentation, and your next step is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. But what exactly will that consultation include?
Scheduling that first appointment can seem intimidating, but you don’t have to worry. Knowing what to expect is a great way to put your mind at ease so you can focus on the excitement of taking your first steps toward the body you’ve always wanted.
In this blog post, we’ll share some tips we give our Manhattan Beach-area breast augmentation patients. We hope these tips help you prep for your consultation and provide a little insight into what you can expect on the big day.
What to Ask at a Breast Augmentation Consultation
Your breast augmentation consultation is your opportunity to get all the information you need to feel comfortable and confident moving forward with your surgery. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. It often helps to write your questions down in a list ahead of time so you can remember them all during your appointment.
If you’re not sure where to start, consider asking:
- Are you a board-certified plastic surgeon?
- How much experience do you have performing breast augmentation?
- What are the possible risks of breast augmentation?
- What can I expect during the recovery process?
- Which implant size, material, and placement do you recommend for me?
You can also ask to see before-and-after photos of cases similar to yours. These photos can give you a better feel for the results you can expect.
What to Bring to a Breast Augmentation Consultation
Along with your prepared list of questions, you may want to bring along:
- A few reference photos: Photos help your surgeon visualize the type of result you’re looking for.
- Clothes that are easy to change into and out of: You’ll have an exam to help plan the specifics of your procedure.
- Personal health info: This will help your surgeon determine whether you can safely undergo surgery.
It doesn’t hurt to have a schedule or calendar on hand, too, in case you’re ready to put your surgery on the books!
What to Know Before a Breast Augmentation Consultation
Your surgeon will walk you through everything you need to know, but it helps to do a bit of research before your appointment so you feel as informed and empowered as possible. You may want to familiarize yourself with some basic info about implant options, risks, recovery time, candidacy, and so on. You can start by exploring The Aesthetic Society’s breast augmentation guide or reading through our previous blog posts.
What to Expect at a Breast Augmentation Consultation
At South Bay Plastic Surgeons, your consultation will include:
- A conversation about your cosmetic goals and health standing to determine your candidacy.
- The use of VECTRA® 3-D Imaging and implant sizers to help you visualize your projected results.
- A discussion of your financing options.
Your surgeon may also recommend other breast enhancement options that may benefit you, such as a breast lift. Learn more about the benefits of combining breast augmentation with a breast lift in this blog post.
To see examples of the results you can expect from breast augmentation at South Bay Plastic Surgeons, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to learn more about your options for breast implants in Los Angeles, please contact us online or call (310) 784-0644.
Leave a Reply