South Bay Plastic Surgeons
3640 Lomita Boulevard #306
Torrance, CA 90505
Phone: (310) 784-0644
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
The Spa at South Bay Plastic Surgeons
3640 Lomita Boulevard #309
Torrance, CA 90505
Phone: (310) 784-0670
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Treat your mind and body to a transformation with massage therapy services in Torrance, CA. At The Spa at SBPS, you can discover how great it feels to let go of the tension you’ve been holding and step into a more relaxed state of mind and body.
Whether you are looking for a calming reprieve from your routine, deep tissue work, lymphatic drainage after surgery, or more, you’ll find it in the skilled hands of our experienced bodywork team.
What Are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
Massage increases circulation, helping to:
- Relax muscle spasms, relieve tension, and improve tone
- Return blood flow to the heart
- Prevent or delay muscle atrophy resulting from forced inactivity
- Stimulate lymphatic circulation, eliminating wastes and debris
- Potentially move material in the intestines, reducing constipation
Massage also offers other physical benefits, including working to stretch fascia to increase range of motion. It prevents the formation of adhesions and decreases discomfort, inflammation, swelling in the joints, and edema. For those with injuries, massage is a valuable tool for facilitating movement during rehabilitation.
We receive emotional and mental benefits from massage, too, including:
- Reduced sense of isolation, especially for the sick and elderly
- Increased overall sense of well-being
- Release of repressed emotional energy
Additionally, massage engages the parasympathetic nervous system, reducing insomnia and contributing to overall relaxation. No matter which of our massage services you pursue, you can count on feeling refreshed and rejuvenated from head to toe.
Relaxation Massage (Swedish)
This very relaxing and therapeutic style of bodywork combines oils or lotion with various strokes, such as rolling, kneading, and percussion to promote circulation.
- Relief from aches and pains
- Decreased stress levels in the body
- Enhanced mental clarity
- Improved appearance
- Greater flexibility
A Reputation Built on Results
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage releases areas chronically stressed by misalignment, repetitive motions, and past lingering injuries.
Due to the nature of the deep tissue work, it’s important to communicate with your therapist about your comfort levels during your session. Many people feel soreness after this type of work. Drinking plenty of water will flush out the toxins your deep tissues released during the treatment.
- Decreased pain
- Increased energy and range of motion
- Release of tense fascia, chronic holding patterns, and “knots”
- Supply of blood, water, and nutrition throughout the body
Pregnancy brings about exciting physical and emotional changes, but it can also put stress on the mind and body. Pregnancy massage melts away aches and pains using techniques specifically developed for expectant mothers.
- Emotional support
- Relief of joint pain due to extra weight and postural imbalance
- Improved breathing and relaxation
- Reduced swelling and blood pressure
- Increased blood and lymph circulation
Shiatsu is a healing treatment for the mind, body, and spirit whose name comes from two Japanese words: “shi” (finger) and “atsu” (pressure). This technique combines gentle stretching with the direct stimulation of pressure points along energy pathways. Together, these approaches encourage the flow of chi (energy) throughout the body.
- General relaxation and decrease in stress
- Balanced energy and increased sense of well-being
- Increased range of motion in joints and decreased joint pain
- Improved circulation
- Help with backache and neck and shoulder stiffness
- May alleviate sinus congestion and headache
- Help in disease prevention
A favorite post-op treatment of our plastic surgery patients, lymphatic massage encourages the flow of lymph fluids throughout your body. This decreases swelling and speeds up your natural healing process.
Scalp massage relaxes the mind and encourages circulation, which studies show may stimulate hair growth and thickness. An aromatherapy blend is applied to the scalp to relieve stress and reduce tension in the head and scalp.
Upper Extremities Massage
This customized massage mainly targets the upper back and shoulder region along with the head and neck. It uses different techniques to help relieve muscle tension, pain, and tightness.
Lower Extremities Massage
This customized massage targets the glutes, thighs, hamstrings, and feet. It involves a range of different techniques that help reduce muscle tightness, relieve pain, and increase blood circulation.
Who Should Not Receive Massage Therapy?
Certain massage services may not be right for you if you have any of the following conditions:
- Active rashes, bruises, burns, sunburns, or wounds
- Active cold or flu
- Skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, or psoriasis
- Acute muscle tears or inflamed joints
- Osteoporosis or bone fractures
- Cardiovascular diseases (a caution)
- Varicose veins or deep vein thrombosis
- High blood pressure or epilepsy (for work on the top of the head)
- Gross edema (swelling) when seeping or danger of skin splitting
- Lack of sensation caused by medication, nerve injury, and so on
- Very hairy areas (could be painful; we will use more oil or lotion to keep you comfortable)
- First 3 months of pregnancy (for shiatsu massage)
- Certain areas may be avoided during pregnancy
In some cases, massage can be done while avoiding direct contact with the affected area or using adjusted pressure.
If you would like to learn more about our Torrance massage services and whether they are right for you, please request a consultation online or call (310) 784-0644 . The Spa at SBPS welcomes massage therapy clients from Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, and throughout the Los Angeles area.
Our Torrance Locations
We look forward to your visit. For directions from surrounding cities, click your desired location below:Directions to South Bay Plastic Surgeons, Torrance Directions to The Spa at South Bay Plastic Surgeons