Countdown to “THE BIG DAY”
Whether you are a bride, the mother or sister or best friend of the bride, the girlfriend going away with her man on a big trip, or the former wallflower wanting to make a big impression at a school reunion, preparing for your “big day” can make all the difference between dread and stress, and a relaxed confidence, knowing you look and feel your best and deserve to be admired. The earlier you can prepare, the better. Obviously appearance isn’t “everything,” but there is no denying that when you look your best, it’s easier to focus on relaxing and being yourself, isn’t it?
12-9 Months Before
- Start eating “clean” if you don’t already – it’s the best thing you can do for your body and your outlook during what can be a stressful time of planning.. This means cutting out (or at least cutting down ) processed sugar, simple carbohydrates (bread), caffeine, dairy and alcohol consumption. The results will be striking in reducing bloat and that stubborn layer of fat that keeps you from looking phenomenal.
- Start thinking about your hair and the length you want by the time your big event arrives. Hair grows about half an inch a month, so plan trims accordingly.
7-8 months before
- Get serious about skin care: Start a good cleansing and moisturizing program, and consider consulting a one of our Obagi line specialists for monthly facials. We have evaluated all of the top lines available and carry the best products to help you with whatever skin-goals you have.
5-6 Months Before
- If you don’t already, start exercising. A trainer can be very useful in kick-starting your routine and be realistic about what it will take to get you to your goal.
- Pilates and yoga are great for lengthening the look of your limbs as well as being good stress relievers.
- Now is the time to consider fillers. If you want plumper lips, fuller cheeks or fine lines gone schedule your consultation with one of our nurses. You may bruise after the treatment so plan accordingly!
- Any cosmetic enhancement involving surgery should be performed by this window at the latest:
- Breast augmentation needs a few months to “settle” and look it’s most natural
- Coolsculpting and liposuction procedures reach their peak effect after three and six months respectively.
3-4 Months Before
- An OBAGI BLUE PEEL can reverse brown spots as well as smooth the texture of facial skin. The results are most apparent after three months, however, so don’t miss this crucial window.
- We all know the real sun is not good for the skin, so to get a “glow” on your big day, start experimenting with self-tanners and bronzers now.
- Perfectly groomed and shaped eyebrows are essential to framing your face. The brow should reach to the border of your “inner canthus” – the part of your eye nearest your nose. If it doesn’t, or if the effects of overplucking have not reversed themselves, sparse areas may be filled in with tattooed makeup for a very natural, fuss-free effect. Inquire with our office about our tattoo makeup artist, Valerie – she’s excellent!
1-2 Months Before
- For an organic look, Latisse may be applied to the lash line to thicken and lengthen lashes. Inquire with our aestheticians for a consultation. Start applying at least 6 weeks before your big day.
2 Weeks Before
- Exfoliate and moisturize. Don’t forget elbows, shoulders, hands and back.
- Ever consider having semi-permanent eyelashes applied? They are glamorous and really make your eyes pop. Our lash specialist, Frida, works to create a natural glossy thick look with long lashes you look like you were born with.
- Drink lots of water to help keep your skin clear and glowing.
- Don’t let stress and a busy schedule interfere with your workouts: now is the crucial push to maintain your results.
- Touch up your hair color.
- Confirm big day beauty appointments.
- If you’re big day is a wedding, remind your man to get his final trim (or laser hair removal, or Botox treatment).
1 Week Before
- People are wanting to celebrate you – enjoy! But don’t think you have to indulge in salty fatty party treats. Now is when keeping salt intake low is critical to preventing bloat.
- Get a final facial NOW to allow a few days for your skin to normalize.
- Now would be a great time for your neurotoxin like Botox or Dysport as the effects begin in about 5-7 days.
1 Day Before
- WATER WATER WATER
- Deep-condition your hair.
- Exfoliate your skin with a trusted favorite product – now is not the time to innovate
- Have a professional pedicure and manicure.
- Take a long, relaxing bath.
On Your Big Day
- Early morning yoga! Breathe, stretch, relax.
- Eat a protein filled breakfast
- Get your hair and makeup done. Wear a robe or button-down shirt that can be easily removed.
- Reflect on the importance of this event and also all that you have accomplished in your life. Now go get ‘em!
Leave a Reply