While some men love rocking the “dad bod,” not every man is crazy about the pockets of unwanted fat that accumulate with age. It’s a common concern for dads who want to feel confident and youthful, especially when they hit the pool or beach in the summer. There’s good news: Body contouring procedures performed at our Torrance practice, such as liposuction and CoolSculpting®, can help Manhattan Beach-area men look and feel better than ever.
In this post, we’ll look at the most common dad bod features and the treatments available for correcting them.
Dad Bod Concerns
Men struggling with a dad bod are most often concerned about pockets of fat in areas including:
- Love Handles
- Double Chin
The goal of any treatment route is to slim these areas down for a more toned, sculpted look.
Surgical Option: Liposuction
The ideal liposuction candidate is at or near their desired weight and is looking to target large or varied areas of stubborn fat. This surgical approach involves suctioning fat away from the body through a thin tube that is inserted through a small incision. It usually requires taking a week off work and 3 to 4 weeks of recovery in total. Learn more about liposuction in this blog post.
- The surgery creates dramatic results across large areas of the body.
- We can effectively treat multiple areas of the body within one surgery.
- The procedure requires general anesthesia or local anesthesia with IV sedation, depending on the intensity of your treatment.
- You will need some downtime for recovery, which usually lasts a few weeks.
Nonsurgical Option: CoolSculpting
The ideal CoolSculpting candidate is at or near their desired weight and wants to target small, specific pockets of fat. The CoolSculpting procedure involves safely freezing and destroying fat cells within these pockets for a slimmer appearance. Each treatment takes about an hour, and you can return to your normal activities right away.
- There is no downtime associated with CoolSculpting. The only recovery involved is the possible redness or sensitivity you may experience in the targeted area for a few days after your treatment.
- No anesthesia is necessary. The treatment is typically well tolerated, with most patients only reporting a feeling of cold or numbness while the device is working.
- You won’t see your results for 6 to 12 weeks. Since the body naturally metabolizes out the destroyed cells, it takes months to see the full effect.
- You may require multiple visits to achieve your cosmetic goals. It’s common for men and women to opt for 2 or 3 sessions to get the look they want.
- Results are less significant. Compared to liposuction, the fat reduction isn’t as dramatic or widespread.
To learn more, please contact us online or call (310) 784-0644 to request a personal consultation.